Monday, September 9, 2013

Letters From Braydon - Our Family's Declaration of Faith

September 9, 2013



Email  to Braydon Galland (Brother) from Virginia Galland (Grandma)

Dear Elder Galland,
It’s been quite the week…ups and downs.  You have been a great source of strength and wisdom.  There’s just nothing like having a worthy elder to guide and inspire us.  Your last letter to the family was so full of wisdom.  Brother Eyring in our ward, who is the son of Elder Eyring, told his dad about Kollin  He went and spent a half hour with him and your parents.  What a tender, kind man.  He has been so concerned about Kollin that when I showed Bro. Eyring your letter he felt inspired to send it on to his dad.  So, Elder, your letter is now in the appreciative hands of Elder Eyring!  Sorry, I didn’t ask permission; it was just such a perfect example of faith and Christlike love and hope that I couldn’t resist! 
Your dad has been stellar.  He has spent every minute at Kollin’s side, comforting him, praying with him.  They have developed a celestial relationship.  Your dad has been inspired and strong.  Your mom has been just as you would expect--caring, tender, his guardian angel.  This period will bind them together forever in profound love and trust.  As your brothers have observed this tender time between father and son, husband and wife, they have likewise come to feel a deep love for their parents and their brother. 
We are so grateful for you, Braydon.  You have such insight.  We will all be better people because of you and because of this trying period with dear Kollin.
I love, appreciate, and am grateful to be tutored by you.
Nana xoxo


Braydon's Response:

Thank you so much Nana! i love you so much! i just wrote blayke and told her how badly i need a back scratch from her but then i just realized actually i need one from you! shh dont tell her! Nana, your faith and example has stuck with me the whole durration of my mission and will continue to stick with me forever! i am so greatful for the example of faith and love that you give. I know you are praying your heart out for my little best buddy and for my family! thank you so much! Elder Packer said there is nothing for powerful than the prayer of a righteous Mother! i Hope it works for Grandmothers too! But i think it does! The situation that is happening right now with Kollin seems unbareable, and at times seems like i cannot do it. But every time i begin to feel like that, i think about my Savior, and my Loving Father in Heaven. I ponder on their words, and their promises to us. And i cannot lie, there has not been a time where i have not been completely overwhellmed with peace, and comfort. I dont know why the Lord has blessed me so much, but i am so eteranlly greatful for all of the help the savior has done for me. I have completely put my will, into the hands of the Lord. i completely surrender to him. And he has done nothing but good for me, i will do this my entire life!
i love you nana! have a good week! give the family loves for me!


 Weekly Letter from Braydon September 9, 2013

Hello everyone! i shouldnt of done my personal letters first because now i am wiped out! First thing is first, Kollin, i love you. I am told each one of my investigators about you. One thing about Mozambique is that people do not show their emotions ever, and no sad news really gets to them. But when i told them about you, ever single person turned into an american, and about cried. They actually turned white even! it was crazy! I have never seen a mozambican more serious that when i tell them about you and show them a pic of you. All their hearts were broken.. they are all praying for you now as well! So if you get any strange blessings that seem like they are not from this world, its probably because a mozambican was praying for you and they ask for weird things! But kollin i love you, and my mind has not been off of you for more than a minute. I have tied in my love for you, into every lesson this week, and it has been the highlight of the lesson! This week i had the best 2 hours in mozambique that i have ever had. I had a family night with Antonio and Luisaºs family, our investigators! i love that family more than anyone! i litterally feel like a part of their family! we had the best spiritual discussion on miracles, and we had the best meal of chima, carril, and dry fish! they always freak out at how much i can eat! and get so offended when my comp doesnt eat it because he hates the food... hahaha but its ok! so we had an awesome family night with them!
Titos and Ana and their family is who will be getting married and baptised on the 21st! everyone needs to pray that we can open the marriage proccess in that time! if not itll be the next week but either way its happening so its ok! anyway, we watched a joseph smith movie with them and it was so awesome! titos loves joseph smith!
 hes like Epa, joseph smith did so much in his life, and hes life was so hard! just like jesus christ! Bad people do not like to hear the truth!
he really said that! so they are making me so happy!
this week was really long though so i cannot remember everything! its also kindof been a blurr because i have been mentally and emotionally tried so much! I have had a few times where i got really low, and felt so low, but i turned to the lord and he truly helped me more than i could ask for!
well i am so sorry this was so short and dumb but i just realized i dont have much time left and so i am going to go write Kollin a letter!
I hope you all can feel my love from so far away! i am praying for you and thinking about you all day long! i hope everyone is ok and doing well! i love you guys! untill next week!
ps dad you have my number and so if at any time something happens and you need to get ahold of me just call that number!
Love you guys!

Must Read--Our Family's Declaration of Faith
Letter from Braydon September 2, 2013

What a week! This week i have been riding the worlds longest and scariest rollercoaster! i normally like rollercoasters but i hate this one! but i think it just ended! Starting after last p day, i have been praying and asking for miracles, and i have been trying to cleanse myself from all iniquity to make this possible. In 3 nephi it says there was no man who could work a miracle in the name of jesus, save he was cleansed from every whit. We also learn that we can only become perfect through Christ. It is possible to be cleanesd from every whit through Christ and no other way. I said my first prayer on Monday. On tuesday, i had a first lesson with a man named Titos and his wife Ana. He is (was) a pastor from a diferent church. 2 weeks ago i sang a hym to him and his wife, and invited him to church while bearing my testimony. i left and thought not much more of it. Little did i know, he came to church. i recognize now that he came, he was the man in sunday school who stood up while we were discussing baptism. he explained how he was already baptised. And the branch president very frankly and bodly told him his baptism doesnt count and he needs to be baptised. I somehow ended up in his house again and he explained to me that what the president had said, really stabbed his heart in a weird way. We than taught the first lesson. It was the most powerful first lesson i have ever taught. God woked a miracle and he used my vocal chords for it. Through that he used the Holy Ghost. Long story short, Titos and Ana are getting baptized in less than 3 weeks. and after our first lesson, Titos went and started on his marriage documents to be married and baptized on the 21 of this month. I have never seen a marriage and baptismal process go this fast. But the Lord did a miracle. I was so greatful for the Lord. I thought that was the answer to my prayer. Later that night i somehow was lead to the house of Manuel and Gloria who recieved some visits of the missionaries over a year ago. once again the Lord used my voice, and the Holy Ghost to work a miracle. This family is now starting the marriage process to be married and baptized in October. I was shocked with how much the Lord was giving me. i couldnt believe it. i was overwhellmed with happiness and gratitude this week as i met with these families. The Lord was showing me how much he loves me, and how he is there, because he knew what news i would be recieving later in the week. On Saturday i got the news that my first friend in Mozambique, Luis Manuel Cerveja, passed from this life to the next earlier that morning. I was devistated, but aside the flowing tears, i felt peace in my heart because i know that God exists. And that he loves us and has given us a perfect plan of happiness. I was sent to Luis in his last 4 months of life, so that he could make that covenant with god, recieve the truth, so that he could immediately be placed in a state of happiness after this life. Luis recieved the Melchizedek Preisthood 2 weeks ago. And now, he is my angel in heaven. He is already receiving eternal blessings. What a miracle, God exists. Then today, i recieve the worst news that i have ever heard About my best buddy Kollin. I broke down, i felt so low and empty for about .5 seconds, and than i remembered what the Lord has been doing for me this week. How he is there, working miracles. I know that God is even more devistated than i am about the news of Kollin. I bet God wanted to blow a little bit of wind under kollin to help him not only break his neck, but to also land his double backflip so he could look super cool! But God is all knowing, and he has something even COOLER in plan for Kollin. Kollin is alive, and has more opportunities to work for God than ever before. WHAT A MIRACLE! Our God is a God of miracles. He is a perfect loving father, who knows all. we just need to sumbit to his will, and do all we can to stand strong in the faith. Now after all God has done this week. After all the miracles he has done, after i thought he was done, i would be a fool to think that was his last miracle. I will continue to cleanse myself, so that God will work more miracles. I suggest all who are praying for kollin, and asking for a miracle, to remember the words in 3 Nephi 8:1 and to cleanse yourself from every whit. Oh how much more the Lord can do when we are clean. Kollin, i love you. Everything will be ok. Everything already is ok, we are all in the hands of the Lord. Let him guide us, so we can see the mighty works he is capable of doing. I love you all, thank you so much for the support you are giving to Kollin. Dont stop. Dont worry about me here, i am ok, and this is where the Lord wants me to be right now. I trust him with everything. I love you all, one more time! I will call the president and see when i can skype you guys to talk to my best buddy! i think itll be today! i will call you! be ready!
Love you all,
Until next week!
I love you Kollin! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment